Recognizing Personal Seasons

The weather at this time of year in Arizona where I live is enviable.  This year particularly has been great when I see the posts of friends and weather reports from much colder places than where I live.  My wife and I have lost our sense of what is cold and what isn't.  The mornings seem so cold to us (in the 40's) but by the end of the day it is fabulous (in the high 60's or more) which usually means I go training on my  mountain bike in the wonderful desert country around my home.  What started as undesirable shapes up into the opportune ingredients for an great adventure and training opportunity.

I think it is the same for personal and spiritual transformation.  What at first appears "cold" and "inopportune" can actually be the catalyst for change.  In my Personal Proclivity workshops and coaching, I refer to this as Recognizance of Seasonality.  This is my theory on it:
Recognizance of Seasonality – Transformation contains seasons of both positive and negative movement.  What may be perceived as a negative season may actually be the catalyst for positive transformational movement.


I think that we toggle between positive and negative seasons of growth while usually making long-tern forward progress.  Just this week I had several coaching conversations with others (and some with myself!) that exemplified this.  Some of my friends were determined they were losing ground. While in this current season this may be true, I discussed with the the possibility that this negative movement was a season that would likely move them forward - so it was actually a catalyst for positive growth.

Like the daily temperature changes in Arizona this time of year, negative seasons can be opportunities for self-training and could be a great adventure - even if both are recognized only after the fact.  Remembering this could help us endure and be hopeful the next time we toggle into a negative season.

Dr. Carlyle’s research has exposed four necessary ingredients for lasting  life transformation.  He refers to these as the 4 R’s of Transformation: 1) Recognizance of Seasonality 2) Resource Reallocation  3)  Regular Diet and 4)Reciprocating Relationships.  The remaining three will be explored in the next few weeks.  For more information on this theory, information on personal coaching or to look at upcoming  workshops with Dr Carlyle, click the icon below or go to drcarlyle.com.
drcarlyle.com
 

Comments