Above all, Know Thyself...Mostly...

How well do you know yourself?

As egocentric as it may sound, I have had to come to know myself well so I can be a positive influence on the world I find myself in.

This line has been quoted since at least the high Greek times of history.  I happen to have a value and life system that believes that knowing God - as God really is - as the most important.

But...knowing myself is super-important too.  I ran across an article I saw on Facebook from Thoughtcatalog.com. It does describe me - and all the voices in my head (we all have 'em).  I enjoyed the article and I agree - it can be exhausting to live with this.  But it is exciting too!

The article is about the Myers-Briggs Temperament Sorter and my main temperament.  I say "main" because I am a balance between this one (Idealist Champion) and the Rational Inventor.  I am just as much a thinker as I am a feeler - and that is what makes me both temperaments.

If you want more information about knowing yourself, check my webpage.  Temperament is one of the areas I focus on and am certified in.

This is the opening paragraph from the article.  I can really relate to this:

ENFPs are passion-driven ‘ideas’ people. They gain energy from interacting with the world around them, and become quickly excited over new possibilities. Though ENFPs loves being around people, they crave alone time much more than the average extrovert. ENFPs search for a deeper meaning in just about everything, and use their much-coveted alone time to decide how their experiences fit in with their system of core values. To be frank, it’s an exhausting personality to have.

Here's the full article. 


buy the book
www.drcarlyle.com

Comments